International Association for Silkroad Universities (ia-SU) is defined as
“An educational association targeted on academic, economic and technologic development of nations in the area through closer relations and cooperation between the universities
located on and near the Silkroad, inspired by the socio-economic influence and cultural heritage of Silkroad across the Asian Continent as it used to be.”
This idea was first aired by Mr. Enver YÜCEL, Chairman, Board of Trustees of Bahçeşehir University, İstanbul, Turkey at Mukogawa Women’s University, Hyogo (Nishinomiya), during his last visit to Japan, in 2008.
The leadership of both universities recognizes the fact that, the massive/rapid transformation facing the 21st Century requires better and closer relations between value producing institutions in order to achieve better living conditions for societies towards a final objective of contributing peace, welfare and order in the region.
Therefore, it is strongly believed that the historical legacy of the “Silkroad Era” and it’s profound impact on human growth, civilization, human ingenuity/creativity and innovation needs to be revisited.
We believe that this idea can best be achieved through an association which would provide a basis for all the parties could be of interest, namely; universities, state agencies and non governmental actors in a supportive manner.
- Universities of the countries on/near Silkroad area.
- Individuals, suggested by the universities interested and participated,
- Foundations aimed at developing the countries of Silkroad region
The annual international conferences to be organized by ia-SU, the first of which will be “Archi-Cultural Translations through the Silkroad” aims to enhance the mission of ia-SU with special emphasis on;
- Becoming familiar with contributive participants, with a stress on capacity and capabilities,
- Exchange of information and ideas related to the mission,
- Promote bi-lateral and multi-lateral cooperation on the projects,
- Seeking contributions of the non-academic institutions such as Government Agencies,
NGO’s and individuals which might be helpful.
Invited participants :
The association targets the Universities in the Silk Road Region
The Mediterranean Region:
The Yellow River Region:
The Indus Valley Region:
The Western Asia / East Europe Region:
Persia and the Arab Region: